888poker is in the midst of a holiday-themed promotion with one of my favorite names ever, even if it is a little wordy: Gift Showers $800,000 Season of Giving Promotion.

I’m just imagining my childhood self, cackling with glee as presents rain down on me, each one a mystery, possibly containing that thing that would make my wildest dreams come true.

Now, 888’s promo isn’t exactly like this, but for those who play poker on the site, it’s a cheap and easy way to try to win prizes until the day after Christmas.

888 is hosting three different types of tournaments during the Gift Showers promotion: All-In Gift Tournament – every day at GMT through December 26th $2,000 Lucky Star Tournament – every day at , , and GMT through December 26th $6,500 Starburst Tournament – every Sunday at GMT through December 25th The All-In Gift Tournament is another one of these tourneys we’re seeing more and more of in which all players have to do is register; showing up is optional.

The software just puts everyone all-in pre-flop automatically until someone wins.

For Gift Shower, the All-In Gift Tournament doesn’t award cash prizes. Here is a breakdown of the prize allocation: Iphone 7 – 1st Place Go Pro Hero 5 Black – 2nd place Play Station 4 Slim – 3rd place 888poker Hoodie – 4th through 13th place 888poker Knitted Hat – 14th through 33rd place 888poker Cards – 34th through 53rd place $5 CIP Free Play voucher – 54th through 143rd place $1 BLAST Ticket – 144th through 583rd place $2,000 Lucky Star tournament ticket – 584th through 5000th place In order to participate, players need entry tickets; everybody gets one for the All-In Gift Tournament and one for the $2,000 Lucky Star Tournament just for being a real money 888 customer.

Up to three more tickets can also be earned for the All-In Gift Tournament each day (I guess it’s a multi-entry tourney) by doing the following: • Play five or more BLAST tournaments with a minimum buy-in of $1 • Play in tournaments or Sit-and-Go’s (not counting BLAST or heads-up) with total buy-ins of at least $4 • Win 15 hands at the real money cash game tables with stakes of $0.02/$0.05 or higher The only minor catch to the above is that in order to be eligible to earn those extra tickets, players must have played in the All-In Gift Tournament or $2,000 Lucky Star Tournament at least once.